Requesting Transcripts and Diplomas
The Office of the Registrar is the ONLY Howard University entity that can provide transcripts or answer questions about transcripts and diplomas.
In 2017, the Office of the Registrar launched a new electronic transcript processing* and delivery system. Now, alumni may request their official transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering service.
The National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering is uniquely designed to bring added convenience to the transcript ordering process, this service links alumni to the type of transcript needed, the desired processing time and their preferred delivery method. Alumni may elect to receive their transcript as a PDF file, or as a hard copy that may be sent via standard U.S. postal mail or held for pickup in the Office of the Registrar. Please note, all transcripts that are ordered for pickup will only be held for 30 calendar days.
The use of electronic transcripts not only promotes an environmentally friendly and paperless process, but it also guarantees speedy and secure delivery of transcripts. To facilitate the effective implementation of this system, all transcripts will now cost $8 per copy as of Friday, July 7. Alumni will have access to a host of beneficial features, such as:
- 24-hour ordering availability through the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering online service;
- Choosing the number of Alumni can order as many transcripts as you like in one online session using any major credit card;
- Ordering your transcript using your former student ID number or social security number;
- Real‐time email and mobile text alerts keep you up‐to‐date on the status of your order;
- Tracking your order on the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Web site.